Re: Auto Responder

    Tony> Does anyone know where I can find or how I go about getting
    Tony> an Auto Responder on a Debian Linux Box?

 Get `procmail', `smartlist' and the `procmail-lib' packages.  If
you've got a little shell programming experience, you'll be able to
piece together what you want from those with a few days of study.  If
you use `sendmail', you should make `procmail' your local mailer.

 I've got a technical support system set up that will autoreply to
folks who send mail to it, but only once per day.  It sends them a
note telling them that support staff will reply within 24hrs.  I did
it with `smartlist', just to learn how.  It's not being used by anyone
right now; I don't have a job---I just study.

 If you are interested enough, and need something like this for your
ISP or business, let me know.  I can always use a few extra book
dollars or a couple of cheeseburgers.  ;-)  I'm sure I could find the
time.

  You can try the list by sending mail to:

 support@bittersweet.inetarena.com

... note that bittersweet isn't on the net 24 hours a day, so it might
sit in your out Q for a while.  In the normal case, the response would
be immediate, of course.  Uhhmmm... If you send mail to it, and *dont*
get an autoreply, let me know.  It may need further debugging. :-)

--
mailto:karlheg@inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom)
http://www.inetarena.com/~karlheg