Re: Where should I install non debian software?

On Sun, 7 Sep 1997, Richard Heestand wrote:

> I remember reading guidlines for installing non debian software, but I can't
> seem to find them again.  Any pointers where to find them?  The software is
> WINE which doesn't seem to exist in package form.

I beleive that there actually is a wine package someplace listed as both
"unstable" and "project".  I'm not sure how up-to-date it is,  since new
wine releases are out almost weekly.

But otherwise,  yes,  put all non-debian stuff in the /usr/local tree.
Often this means running autoconf or the ./configure script with
--prefix=/usr/local/

                     					Will

			         harpo@udel.edu
               		       lowe@cis.udel.edu