Re: Prompt in Bash

Lawrence <ychim@ibm.net> writes:

> Is it possible to do it in tcsh?

Good question.  I've never used tcsh, but I would guess so.  The key
thing to note is this escape sequence which changes the titlebar:

    echo -n "]2;$*"

or with a fixed string for illustration:

    echo -n "]2;My new titlebar goes here"

The rest of the stuff is just figuring out what string to put in the
titlebar (via $*), and how to hook the prompt change into the right
place so that it happens at every prompt.

--
Rob