Re: xfs doesn't seem to be working

> Xfs is running, but have you configured your xserver to use it? I did it by
> modifying my XF86Config, commenting out my old FontPath, and adding:
>
>     # Use font server.
>     FontPath "tcp/localhost:7100"

This seems to do it.  Shouldn't the configuration program have done this when
it asked about starting xfs?

The mouse continues to work, and top shows xfs taking bursts of cycles.  ps x
shows
 973  ?  S      2:59
/usr/X11R6/bin/X -auth /var/lib/xdm/authdir/authfiles/A:0-a00971

should I be bothered that this doesn't include a reference to port 7100? (i
recall that macbsd did, but i had to start x manually with the explicit
reference.

rick