Re: I need your help..

Min-Woo Bahk wrote:

> Hello.
>
> This is Minu, working in Nat'l University of mongolia as computer
> professor. We have freewave wireless modem to connect internet.
>
> The modem is connected to router that formed by debian linux system, and
> server is a sun sparc station5. This network system is consist of 20
> computers via 3 hubs.
>
> A few days ago, router machine was broke down by electric shock. So I
> checked all system and made sure for working good. Now all system do
> well except for modem connections.
>
> I wanna know how to make configuration for modem and get more
> information about modem.
>
> I'll send specificatoin of modem. PLS Let me know how to do it!
>
> Thanks..
>
> < Wireless Modem >
>
> Freewave Wireless data transceiver
> FCC ID : KNY-DGR-115
>          DOC 2329101340A
> MODEL NUMBER : DGR-155H
> Serial NUMBER : 570-0801

Hello.  This type of hardware can be easily damaged by electric shock.
Are you sure the modem is not damaged?

Your hardware is manufactured by FreeWave:

FreeWave Technologies, Inc.
1880 South Flatiron Court
Boulder, CO 80301 USA

web:
http://www.freewave.com/

email:
moreinfo@freewave.com

telephone:
(303) 444-3862
(303) 786-9948 Fax

Your "modem" might have been obtained from NTI in Taiwan:
http://www.nit.com.tw/
http://www.nit.com.tw/FAQ.htm#10.
This site appears to be chinese language only, and might be helpful.

This device is not a "modem", but it can
use an AT command set.  The AT commands are used by
modem software such as the debian "pon" and "poff" scripts, and
the linux "diald" deamon.

I hope this helps...

Good Luck!

	--ed.