optimizing for Cyrix CPUs

I was browsing around the rc5 site and noticed that the Cyrix-166+ chip
out performed the Pentium 200 w/ or w/o MMX ... I was told this is because
the Cyrix chip is optimized for interger calculations (better than intel)
and the rc5 programs can be configured to be optimized for Cyrix.  Is it
possible to do the same with the Linux kernel -- making Linux run much
faster w/ Cyrix than it already is?  (of course not all programs need a
huge amount of math calculations)

-Paul