Re: Building Debian Packages

On Mon, 1 Sep 1997, George Bonser wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am getting a bit frustrated here in locating the documentation that I need to
> learn to build debian packages.

Gosh,  yes.  At the moment those docs are so convoluted and contain so
many references to other projects which don't exist that they're difficult
to use effectively;  I guess that this is due to the 0.1 version status of
most of them (NOTE TO DEBIAN DOC TEAM:  I'm not criticising here.  I
*understand* how difficult it is ...).

I'd reccomend the "Makeing a debian Package" page,  which is pretty good
for small/single packages.  It sure did help me understand the basics.  If
you're compiling some humungous multi-package beast (;cough Xwindows) it's
probably not your first package.  Anyway,  you can find the above page via
the debian doc page or at

http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian-doc/(no linebreak)
manuals/make_package.html
                     					Will