Building Debian Packages

Hi all,

I am getting a bit frustrated here in locating the documentation that I need to
learn to build debian packages.

It seems that there are so many documents scattered about.  Is there someone
out there that has a web page other than the official documentation that might
be a little clearer and provide some examples?

It was a little disheartening to read in the first page of the documentation:
"It is assumed that the reader is reasonably familiar with the dpkg System
Administrators' manual.  Unfortunately, this manual does not exist yet." And
then it goes on in a manner that seems to describe the packaging system to
someone that already knows it.

Sure, I will eventually pound my way through it, but I am wondering if there is
some more useful documentation someplace else that might cut down the
frustration factor.

Thanks,

---
George Bonser
Debian/GNU Linux  See http://www.debian.org
Linux ... It isn't just for breakfast anymore!