Re: Green monitor functions

On 26 Aug 1997, Michael Harnois wrote:

> Randy Edwards <redwards@together.net> writes:
>
> >    While running X, Debian blanks my screen just fine.  However, what I'd
> > like to do is to convince Debian to handle the "green" power-saving
> > functions of my video system.  This functions well under Win95 and OS/2, but
> > for some reason doesn't seem to work with Debian.
>
> It took me forever to figure this out.
>
> I have
>
> xset s noblank
> xset s noexpose
> xset dpms 3600 7200 0
>
> in ~/.xsession. Check the docs for xset to see why. (I believe it
> requires a recent version.) Just entering "xset" will give you a list
> of options.

The above syntax seems to be correct for all the xservers as of XFREE3.3,
but before that it varied.  In addition, one used  to add the
line 'option "power_saver"' to the XF86Config file (in the correct device
section). This is no longer necessary as far as I can tell, unless you are
using XFREE3.x, where x<3.

Syrus.