Re: ppp configuring with dunc (solved)

Thanks, Richard!
Now it works. After few attempts to modify old
/root/.ppprc I have noticed that dunc replaced it
by the short file with one option (defaultroute)
and 2-3 strings as well.  Then I just added this option
in old (and valid) .ppprc file. Hope this will be fixed later.

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Richard G. Roberto wrote:

> All of that output looks normal.  Without more information,
> I'd say either hte system you're connecting to isn't
> correctly configured for proxy arp, or you're not using the
> peer as the default gateway, which you should.  This used to
> be in the default /etc/ppp/options file, but I just noticed
> that its not in the latest one.
>
> You can grep for "default" in you *.ctn file(s) under
> ~/.dunc and see if defaultroute is getting set.  If not, you
> can filre up dunc and go to "Modify" (then select "next",
> OK, bla bla, select your connection) and go to "Details".
> This should give you a bunch of settings to choose from.
> Choose defaultroute by arrowing down to it and pressing
> space bar.  You may also want to arrow down to "proxyarp"
> and mark that as well, although that's only "supposed" to be
> for the "server" or "peer" side.  It won't hurt anything to
> have it on though.
>
> If that doesn't change anything, check with the system
> administrator of the peer and see if there's a problem on
> the proxy arp server.  By the way, I get the message about
> "Cannot determine ethernet address for proxy ARP" also, it
> doesn't affect my system though.
>
> Outside of this, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.

It was It :)

Regards,

Eugene Sevinian

Cosmic Ray Division
Yerevan Phisics Institute
Alikhanian's Brothers str.2
375036 Yerevan 36
Armenia

Phone: 374-2-352041 (YerPhI), 374-2-344873 (aprt.)
Fax: 374-2-350030