RE: Debian-Desktop

>> 2) Creating tools to extract files required to install a specific
>> profile.
>
>What exactly do you mean by #2 above?

Well, I want to implment a system where by it is possible to extract a
subset of the Official Debian distribution for a specific profile. The
idea is to make it possible to create small footprint file sets suitable
for inclusion with other software e.g. on a magazine cover CD. For
Debian-Desktop the target is 98Mb - the size of a jazz drive. In
addition to reduced size I want to be able to create file sets with 8.3
names if required - not all magazines can support RockRidge long file
names.

>> Anyone have an inside track on the Deity delivery schedule?
>
>We were hoping for Christmas.  But it's difficult to make such
>promises considering this is a largish project, and people are
>doing this in their spare time.

I guess that may be a little late. We could hack together some scripts
before then as a bridge.

Thanks

Regards,
Alec
--
Alec Clews, <alec@consulting.tca.co.uk>,         PGP keyid:48FA EB81
TCA Consulting Ltd  Tel. 44-(0)171-415-8159   Fax:44-(0)171-556-0022