Word Perfect (was: Re: Applixware - off topic)

On Tue, 5 Aug 1997, Shaya Potter wrote:
> I've been using a beta of Word Perfect7 for the past few weeks, and it
> seems, at least to me, to be just as good as the Word Perfect for windows.
> It also doesn't need Motif.  I think it might be statically linked.

I tried the beta but it expired after only a few days (I think it was
supposed to last for at least 30, but it didn't.)

It is practically IDENTICAL to the Win95 version.  One problem I noticed
(common to all WordPerfect versions I have tried, including 5.1 and 6.0
under dosemu)  is that configuring a PostScript printer and sending the
output to Ghostscript 4.0x results in errors (fortunately after the job
prints correctly).  Ghostscript 3.x didn't do this (maybe 5.0 fixes it--I
haven't tried that).

They finally announced the price: $199, $149 for upgrade/tradeup.  This is
much less than other unices, and comparable with the list price for Win95
tradeups, however Win 95 has the full suite (I've seen version 8 for under
$100 upgrade).

Bob

----
                            AX.25:    w6swe@wb7tls.az.usa.noam