Re: splitting up the debian-user mailing list

Yes, please create debian-help and keep it simple to use. Many of these
new users will be using whatever means they have for email access while
they try to get Debian running. I have received email that was sent from
library workstations and the like for this reason.

On 5 Aug 1997 jghasler@win.bright.net wrote:

> Christian Lynbech writes:
> > This is only as an option in addition to a set of "supertopics", such as
> > HELP, MAIL, X11 and MODEM.
>
> They still have to understand that they must put a "supertopic" in the
> "Subject:" line, figure out which one, and get it right.  This is too
> complicated.  Most newbies will expect the to work like ordinary email.
> They'll send off a message with a subject such as "how do I get on the
> net", get it back with an incomprehensible error message, and give up.
>
> Please create "debian-help", and change the install script to offer every
> newbie a chance to subscribe.  I will subscribe to it and help when I can.

+ Paul Wade                         Greenbush Technologies Corporation +
+ mailto:paulwade@greenbush.com              http://www.greenbush.com/ +