smail problem

I have two things I want to do with smail : Spool remote , but not local
mail for later delivery , and passing remote mail through a filter that
changes some headers. How to do this ?

Currently , I have written a small inetd-running ESMTP-speaking script
that translates the headers in outgoing mail and feeds them to
/usr/sbin/sendmail , with "-Q" if needed. However , pine does not use it
always , even if told so , but uses port 25 anyway. ( Sorry if this has
happened to mail to debian-user. ) And , it doesn't look like The Right
Thing (TM). I have rtman , but not figured out really yet , and most
HOWTOs are just about sendmail.

TIA
Per Eric

// ----- adresser -----