Re: splitting up the debian-user mailing list

On 13:16:26 Randy Edwards wrote:
>>On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:
>
>> It's getting kind of loud here. I've been thinking of splitting the
>> debian-user list into several lists:
>
>   I know what you mean.  Just this week I turned off a couple of other
>general Linux lists I was subscribed to simply because I was dealing with
>too much mail.
>
>> 	debian-user: user discussion
>> 	debian-install: installation problems
>> 	debian-novice: newbies are intimidated by other lists, so here's
>>   	 one of their own.

Here we go again!  We just had this discussion a few months back.  And
my opinion hasn't changed one bit!  I don't like the idea of splitting them
up, said so before, and thats still where I am.  Been on this list for several
years, don't post much, but learn ALOT from the dialog, and splitting them
up is not the answer, I don't think.

Paul