Re: splitting up the debian-user mailing list

>forsee that a novice today, who possibly was helped very much by
>answers to his questions on debian-{novice,install}, would stay
>subscribed longer to debian-{novice,install}, to be able to
>"pay back" the support he got. At least that's how I see it.

This is exactly what I've tried to do.  And would continue to do if a
debian-novice list were created.  Although I'm relatively new to
Debian/Linux (14 months), I've used Unix for years.

I get a certain satisfaction out of answering the same questions I once
asked.  I know how valuable those responses were (and continue to be) and I
want to continue to contribute whatever time I can to provide some of that
value to someone else.

Later,
Kevin Traas   Baan Business Systems
Systems Analyst  Langley, BC, Canada