raw socket on my machine - where from??

Hello,

This may look like a naive question, but is there any program
in the Debian distribution which opens a raw socket?

I keep seeing the following on a Debian 1.3.1 installation:

# netstat -wa
Active Internet connections (including servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address
State
raw        0      0 *:1                     *:*

I suspect a cracker is sniffing my network, but I can't find

any suspicious process, nor does lsof(8) relate a raw socket to

any process.

Thanks for any help,

--Amos

--
--Amos Shapira                | "Of course Australia was marked for
133/13 Shlomo Ben Yosef st.   |  glory, for its people had been chosen