Re: splitting up the debian-user mailing list

Bruce,

You may want to consider just arbitrarily splitting the list into (say)
three.  The current range of topics would remain the same but the volume
may go down 1/2 or more (approaching 2/3 asymptotically :-)).

Some list honcho(s) could summarize periodically and post to a debian
news (one-way) list that went out to the subscribers to all three lists.
Maybe over time, the lists would develop their own identity--the newbies
may prefer one list or another, etc.

                       just a thought
                       .kevin