Re: ppp & kernel question

Hi,

	The recipe you used for compiling the kernel looks fine; I'd
 be inclined to look elsewhere for a problem. Hmm. On my machine (I
 use diald, so that explains why I have both slip and ppp) it looks
 like:
__> lsmod
Module         Pages    Used by
ppp                5            1 (autoclean)
softdog            1            1 (autoclean)
misc               1    [softdog]       1 (autoclean)
slip               2            1 (autoclean)
slhc               2    [ppp slip]      2 (autoclean)
	You see that the use count is at least 1 (you had the use
 count at 0, was that right?)

	Does /lib/modules/`uname -r`/modules.dep exist? Do you have a
 /etc/init.d/modules? what does your /etc/modules look like? (I use
 the auto keyword, like so)
# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file should contain the names of kernel modules that are
# to be loaded at boot time, one per line.  Comments begin with
# a `#', and everything on the line after them are ignored.
# An entry named `auto' will cause the system to start kerneld immediately.
# Kerneld then loads modules on demand. `noauto' disables kerneld completely.

auto

	Also, does you /etc/conf.modules look ok? (If you mail it back
 here we may be able to check it out)

	I hope this helped a bit.

	manoj
--
 "Question Authority and the Authorities will question You." Danny Low
 (dlow%hpspcoi@hplabs.hp.com)