Re: AWE32 problems.

On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Lawrence Chim wrote:

> Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 20:29:34 +1000
> From: Lawrence Chim <ychim@yallara.cs.rmit.edu.au>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org,
>     Dark Lord of Sith <darth@expert.cc.purdue.edu>
> Subject: Re: AWE32 problems.
>
> Dark Lord of Sith wrote:
> >
> >         I just can't get the AWE32 sound card to work under debian.  It
> > works fine under dos,95, or NT.  I've installed all the patches and tried
> > running it with kernel 2.0.27, 2.0.29, and 2.1.26 with no success.  I use
> > the I/O ,IRQ and DMA values out of the manual which match the ones in
> > 95.  The card is plug and play.  If anyone know of the setting that work
> > or have any ideas please let me know.  Thanks!
> > IRQ: 5  DMA: 1 and 5
>
> It is possibly becuase your sound card is PnP and you need the PnP
> patch or download the isapnptools from sunsite.unc.edu
>
> lawrence

isapnptools is available as a .deb package.

Haven't tried it yet, but it is installed.

Does anyone know if it is possible for a pnp sound card to configure
without that package, on previous versions of debian?  I'm havin a heck of
a time getting sound support compiled into my kernel, and now I think it
is because its a pnp card.  Funny thing is with deb 1.1 I was able to
config my kernel for sound no problem.  ahhhhhh I'm just havin' a bad
week, first pon, now my sound...<virtual scream> I feel better now...

As someone mentioned before config problems are _not_ fun.

Rich M
qnc496@durhamnews.net