Re: x windows

On Sat, 1 Mar 1997 butch@maestro.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> well i got 1.2.2 installed and i was wondering about x
> windows, could anyone tell me how much disk space i will
> need to run this. i have an old 386 with 4m ran and 20mb
> of swap space.

When I first installed X on my machine, I only had 8mb of ram.  I
discovered that when I was running X, I was paging continuously.
I don't know if there is any official recommendation, but I am afraid the
4mb of ram isn't going to be enough.

I have heard of a ``small'' implementation of X, which if memory serves
used less disk space and memory.  Unfortunatly I don't know much about
it....  Hopefully someone else might.

Scott