Re: lastlog is looking strange

 A month ago wtmp was corrupted, today wtmp mysteriously is working fine.
 My experiences contradict those posted in this list:

 1. I use ssh with no ill affects on wtmp.

 2. mgetty was not installed on my system for over a year. While corruption
 lasted I was using getty.

 3. Long uptimes does not seem to produce negative affects. My uptime today
 is 19 days and have no wtmp corruption.

 Since last month, I have probably installed less than 15 packages from bo.
 It looks like this problem is somehow corrected and will disappears
 as new packages get installed.

Ioannis Tambouras
ioannis@flinet.com, West Palm Beach, Florida
Signed pgp-key on key server.