IP Accounting

Hello,

    I want to monitor the traffic over a ppp connection and also between
    some adresses on the local network.

    So I set up the net-acct package but whatever the configuration looks
    like only the local traffic is monitored. Maybe I got something wrong
    but it looks easy: the relation between the ppp interface and the
    serial device is fixed so the configuration is 'line ppp0 ttyS1'.

    Perhaps someone has succesfully configured this package for ppp
    connections or knows about other possibilities to monitor the traffic?

    bye,
    karsten