Re: gzip repair

    >>  Does anyone know if there exists a utility to try and repair
    >> dammaged gzip files?

    Martin> Not necessarily so. Perhaps "gunzip figures.tar.gz"
    Martin> followed by "tar -xvf figures.tar" works out all right.

I have tried that, I get a "unexpected EOF error" when gunziping, so
it's definately a corruption of the gzip file. There are definately 13
files in the tar archive. I even tried reading the binary into Emacs
using the hexl mode, but to no avail.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Graeme

--
| Graeme A Stewart, pgp public key  finger graeme@ariel.igeofcu.unam.mx	|
|  Key fingerprint =  AF C7 BF A4 52 D5 3C 3B  17 A5 62 43 DA 15 E8 97  |