APM (was turning off computer)

Thanks for the overwhelming response to my question.  I chose the
shutdown.allow solution of evil genius Bonecrusher Rulnick.  At least no
one can say that those debian types can't even turn off their computers!

 On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Niels wrote:
> on the console - or get one of those eery motherboards/chipsets/power
> supplies that can switch off with APM.

I might have one of those.  I think that I do.  What is involved in using
APM under linux?

Thanks,
Rikki

  If you have already paid your bill, please disregard this notice.