Re: help!

    Jamie> How can I access my floppy and cd-rom drives?  Also, how
    Jamie> can I access my ms-dos partition on my hard drive?

Put the following lines in /etc/fstab...

/dev/fd0	/floppy		auto	noauto,user	0	0
/dev/cdrom	/cdrom		iso9660	noauto,user	0	0

Then you should be able to mount floppies and cds with

mount /floppy
mount /cdrom

Have a look at the fstab manual page to understand the options (you
might have to change the /dev/cdrom entry to your cdrom device).

For the msdos partition try something like

/dev/hda3	/dos		msdos	defaults	0	0

Where "/dev/hda3" you replace with your msdos partition. This should
then get mounted at boot time (or become root and "mount /dos"). Make
sure that an empty directry /dos exists! There are lots of options for
msdos partitions as many unix features are unsupported.

If you have any more problems, feel free to mail me.

Cheers,

Graeme

--
| Graeme A Stewart, pgp public key  finger graeme@ariel.igeofcu.unam.mx	|
|  Key fingerprint =  AF C7 BF A4 52 D5 3C 3B  17 A5 62 43 DA 15 E8 97  |