Re: Dos & Linux

David Stein typed:
> How can I download .tar and .gz compressed files on a Dos system copy them over
> to my linux system and uncompress them?  Is the uncompression built into unix?
> Also can I interlink my Linux and my Dos system? (my modem is on my Dos system).

mount -t msdos /dev/<your_partition_here> /mnt

For example, I have a ms-dos partiton on my first partition of my first IDE
drive, so I use
mount -t msdos /dev/hda1 /mnt

You can also add it to your fstab and it is automatically mounted when you
boot linux.  For your modem access in Linux, I suggest minicom.  It's a lot
like telix.

  - Craig
--
  // /\   |  | |  Craig Small VK2XLZ     @home: csmall@gonzo.triode.net.au