> On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Terry Martin wrote:
>
> > Could not find config file!
> > - Tried:
> >       /etc/XF86Config
> >       /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config.neverland
> >       /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config
> >
> > Fatal server error:
> > No config file found!
> > Note, the X server no longer looks for XF86Config in $HOME
> >
> Huh? I thought the X server usually looks for this file in /etc/ or the
> X11 lib directory or even the bin directory depending on how you set it
> up.

No, that's not quite right. I just reran xf86config on my 1.1 box with
3.1.2 XFree tonight. When it's nearly finished, the script asks if it's
o.k. to save the configuration as /etc/X11/XF86Config and says that is the
standard in Debian.

If I'm right you also have a /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config.eg as an
example config file installed with XFree. Don't know if that is of any use
with your hardware.

> Have you tried rerunning xf86config, or the better XF86Setup program

Find the booklets with your monitor and videocard specs (sorry, RTFM) and
run xf86config. That should get you started, I hope.

Joost