On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Terry Martin wrote:

> Could not find config file!
> - Tried:
>       /etc/XF86Config
>       /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config.neverland
>       /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config
>
> Fatal server error:
> No config file found!
> Note, the X server no longer looks for XF86Config in $HOME

Huh? I thought the X server usually looks for this file in /etc/ or the
X11 lib directory or even the bin directory depending on how you set it
up.

> Fatal server error:
> Error reading config file

Have you tried rerunning xf86config, or the better XF86Setup program (the
latter one is graphical) without the above files? You might not be able to
use older Xfree config files with the new 3.2 server. I don't know what
exactly is going on here, could you be a bit clearer? Are you trying to
copy your old config files from your previous distribution, or are you
having problems with just running xf86config? You should try letting the
setup programs generate their own files...