Script Files

Hi,
	I have installed just base of Debian.  I have not added any extra
software.  But I have added Envy 1.0 which is a type of mud.  I'm trying
to run it and to start it, I have to run the startup script.  I'm getting
all kinds of errors when I running it.  Just to make sure I'm doing it
right, I type '. startup' right?  Also if someone could take a look at
the startup file I have attached and maybe tell me whats is wrong, it
would really make my day.

Thanks for helping me,
Pete Poff

                     Pete Poff---AKA---BlackJack
           Personal E-Mail Address: ppoff01@mail.coin.missouri.edu
	   Kyron E-Mail Address:    blackjack@cybercon.com
                     ___________________________
                    |        |Blackjack|        |
                    |                           |
                    |    Kyron God,             |
                    |    Coder and Builder.     |
		    |				|
		    | telnet.cyberconinc.com	|
		    |		4000		|
                    |___________________________|
#! /bin/csh -f
# Written by Furey.
# With additions from Tony.
# With changes from Kahn.

# Set the port number.
set port = 6001
if ( "$1" != "" ) set port="$1"

# Change to area directory.
cd ../area

# Set limits.
nohup
nice +6
limit stack 1024k
if ( -e shutdown.txt ) rm -f shutdown.txt

while ( 1 )
    # If you want to have logs in a different directory,
    #   change the 'set logfile' line to reflect the directory name.
    set index = 1000
    while ( 1 )
	set logfile = ../log/$index.log
	if ( ! -e $logfile ) break
    end

    # Run envy.
    ../src/envy $port >&! $logfile

    if ( -e core ) then
	    mv core ../src/$index.core
    endif

    # Restart, giving old connections a chance to die.
    if ( -e shutdown.txt ) then
	rm -f shutdown.txt
	exit 0
    endif