Re: Unstable vs. Stable

On 21 Feb 1997 jghasler@win.bright.net wrote:
> Craig writes:
> > If you dont have a good net connection, I'd recommend getting a freshly
> > burned CD with unstable on it once a month and upgrading from that.
>
> In other words, if you don't have plenty of money, don't use Debian.
> --
I got Debian disk for $2.99. Now I don't call that plenty of money. I
think people should not be trying to update their systems unless they have
to or something is really buggy. I have kernel 2.0.28 and the next time I
upgrade will be with kernel 2.2.10 I hope. Everything is working great, I
really do not need to upgrade, on the otherhand I use my computer for real
work and not just hacking around.