Re: debian-newbie list

On Fri, 21 Feb 1997, Susan G. Kleinmann wrote:

> Related idea:
> I'm thinking about working on the FAQ this weekend, and one thing I'd
> like to do is to break it up into at least two parts:
> --one which is general, and
> --one which focusses only on dselect and dpkg.
>
> Of course, we could break it up further.  For example, we could have
> --an FAQ on installation and booting, and
> --an FAQ on using the Debian archives.
> --an FAQ on other Debian utilities or Debian practices.

I think you should combine the dselect and dpkg faq with the faq on using
the debian archives, and also throw in a little bit about networking and
ppp (pointing them in the right direction for their particular networking
setup), so that it'll be a really good resource for beginners (like me).
That way they'll have all the info they need to get started in one place.

-=-

Daniel Robbins
School of Medicine Computer Services
University of New Mexico