Re: bash2.0 & sysklogd

Siggy Brentrup writes:

> > Package: bash
> > Version: 2.0-2
> >
> > Package: sysklogd
> > Version: 1.3-12
> >
> > on my system, and running `sysklogd start' I see
> >
> > # ./sysklogd start
> > starting /sbin/syslogd ...
> > ./sysklogd: line 40:  4090 Interrupt              start-stop-daemon --start --verbose --exec /sbin/syslogd -- ${SYSLOGD}
> > starting /sbin/klogd ...
> > #
> >
> >  It doesn't look like there are errors with new bash semantics, becouse
> > klogd with the same string starting ok.
>
> As of yet I don't run bash 2.0, so take the following with a grain of salt.
>
> In /etc/init.d/sysklogd the default case is not properly terminated.
> Add a line containing ';;' just before 'esac'
>
> I'm experiencing problems with syslogd failing to start properly after boot too
> (sysklogd 1.3-11). I'll investigate further when rebooting anyway after upgrading
> to kernel 2.0.29.

sysklogd 1.3-14 addresses this problem.  This release works together
with bash 2.0 just like 1-3-13 has done with bash 1.4.  As a bonus it
also has improved debug code, shows facility.priority of every
received message.

The package will be uploaded soon.  An actual snaapshot can be
fetched from my site ftp.infodrom.north.de out of
/pub/people/joey/debian/beta

Regards

	Joey

 /                              No question is too silly to ask, /
/    but, of course, some are too silly to answer  -- perl book /