Re: ld-linux.so refuses to link the libraries I need...

On Feb 19, Carlos Carvalho wrote
> I've put some libraries in /usr/local/mydir, and made symlinks to
> /usr/local/lib. However, ld-linux.so doesn't link them. Of course
> /usr/local/lib is in /etc/ld.so.conf. Even if I put /usr/local/mydir
> in /etc/ld.so.conf the program doesn't run. ldconfig -v shows nothing
> in /usr/local/lib.
>
> Why doesn't it use the symlinks? LD_LIBRARY_PATH works but I'd like to
> not depend on it...

It depends on which version of ldconfig you are using and how you
setup the symlinks.  Give me some specifics and I'll tell you what
you are doing wrong.

David
--
David Engel                        ODS Networks
david@sw.ods.com                   1001 E. Arapaho Road