Re: Debian on the shuttle

Robert Nicholson wrote:

> I haven't read the article but perhaos the article is talking about the
> differences b/w the the debian and other distributions? If that's the case
> then the debian developers surely deserve most of the credit.

	It is a sort of Press Release whipped-up by the Debian Project Leader.
I really didn't intend to chastise him for this - I am a staunch Debian
advocate. I just wanted to remark that the "press release" was a bit
low-key on attributing the GNU project and Linus for most of Debian.
Seeing as how it looks like this is a release meant for the general
public I deem it only fair that they think of Debian as an
implementation of the GNU project and the Linux Kernel, and not as some
new OS. I would prefer Debian stood on its own merit.

	Yoav