Re: lprng still disasterous

Hamish Moffatt <moffatt@yallara.cs.rmit.edu.au> writes:

> I thought perhaps my lprng problems might be helped if the server
> ran lprng too. So I installed it on there, and it works great;
> an lp queue (raw) and a ps queue (runs ghostscript), no magicfilter
> as yet. But now I can't print a damn thing from the remote machine;
> lpq on the server just says "ERROR: cannot open '/var/spool/lpd/lp/...' - 'No
> such file or directory' always, using any queue.

Hmm.  I've had some funny business out of lprng (I think only after a
reboot) that was fixed by

  /etc/init.d/lprng stop
  /etc/init.d/lprng start

Not sure if it will help you though.  In my case, I'm guessing that
lprng doesn't clean up properly when the machine is shut down so that
when I reboot it won't work until I stop and start it.  I haven't had
time to investigate further yet.

--
Rob