Re: DE200 network card

On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, Alex Monaghan wrote:
> Colin Watt wrote:
> > Does Debian (or any Linux) support a DE200 network card?
> > I can't see it on the list.
> Don't know about Debian, but assume it's similiar to Slackware.
> I have a few DE-100's and these are recognised by the NE drivers. If your card is

I don't know about NE drivers, but the DE200 is covered by the depca
driver, see /usr/src/linux/drivers/net/depca.c for details. I found that
probing a DE100 card with cdrom drivers etc. kills it. I don't know if
DE200s are the same. I had to compile a kernel on another (3c509) machine
to be able to use the ones with DE100 cards at all.
--
David Wright, Open University, Earth Science Department, Milton Keynes MK7 6AA
U.K.  email: d.wright@open.ac.uk  tel: +44 1908 653 739  fax: +44 1908 655 151