Re: [1.2 installation]: how to tell X to follow swapping of control and caps lock from loadkeys

> From: "Orn E. Hansen" <oehansen@halmstad.mail.telia.com>
>

> daniel, you wrote:
>
> >>   You mean BIGGER documentation for X, is gonna get someone to RTFM? :=
> -)
> >
> >No, but providing needed information might.
>
> Actually, I find it hard to browse through the manual pages in search of =
> an
> item.  It's there... somewhere... but it may take some reading getting th=
> ere
> though.  Like the manual pages have fallen out of context... and there is=
>
> no index table to get a quick look at where to begin.

Right.  I think part of the problem with Unix documentation is that there
are manual pages for individual things, but there are none to explain how
everything (parts of a subsystem) fits together.  (Well, besides the terrible
lack of necessary detail in a lot of them (generally, not specifically X).)

The GNU info pages for the C library are pretty good in that respect:  they
are organized, reading through them from first node to last node yields a
good order, they have explanations and examples, etc.

....and I just found that it doesn't exists here on my newly-installed Debian
system.  Hey!  What's going on?  Did Debian forget to include the main
documentation for the C library?  Or did I miss a package?

Daniel

--
Daniel S. Barclay      Compass Design Automation, Inc.
daniel@compass-da.com  Suite 100, 5457 Twin Knolls Rd.  Columbia, MD 21045 USA