Re: A proposal to improve dselect

Jonas Bofjall writes:
> No, this is wrong. A new user should not have to read long documents
> prior to installation.

No, this is wrong.  The new user should be provided with copious
documentation and be admonished to print it out and read it.

> The configure scripts which runs directly after the installation should
> make reading docs unnecessary.

Every effort should be made in the design of these scripts to make reading
the docs unnecessary, but, despite our best efforts, this will sometimes
fail.  Then the above mentioned docs will save the day.

John Hasler
jghasler@win.bright.net (John Hasler)
Dancing Horse Hill
Elmwood, WI