Re: DEBIAN 1.2 DISKETTE PROBLEMS UPDATE

Joseph L. Hartmann writes:
> So many questions on this list --- and practically no one knows how to
> TROUBLE SHOOT! (Including me!)  Am I wrong about that??
> What is this linux stuff all coming to if we can't get to the bottom of a
> problem by ourselves?
> I really do appreciate the help that incompetents like me can get from
> more expert individuals -- but how do we get to be able to fix stuff for
> ourselves ???

My first Linux installation was Slackware 2.3.  I did it with no access to
the net and no outside help.  I installed Debian 1.1 on this machine with
no help (I tried to get help, but my questions to this list vanished
without a trace).  However, just because I can do it doesn't mean I want
to.  I have better things to do with my time then puzzle out configuration
problems by trial and error.  What is wrong with asking for help and
thereby saving a great deal of time?  Or, better yet, providing good
documentation?  All my problems with both Slackware and Debian were due to
poor documentation.

John Hasler
jghasler@win.bright.net (John Hasler)
Dancing Horse Hill