Re: Linuxconf

Actually we were discussing this on debian-devel a few weeks ago.  The
problem with it right now is that we need a utility written to make
linuxconf really debian complient (so that when ever you install a
package linuxconf will now about it).  However, it's not just a utility
that is needed, we would also need to change the way the packages are
constructed in a tiny way (or include a special database file) so that
the "dropin" can be generated and removed on the fly when you install or
remove a package.

Some people are against using linuxconf, personally I'm for it, but I
don't have enough time to try to build the tools neccesart for it b/c
this is my senior year in high school and I am studying for about 4-7 AP
exams and trying to do my Eagle project for Boy Scouts and still remain
active in the the Debian community.  I am however willing to protoype the
method with which this can be done on debian-devel.

Shaya
--
Shaya Potter
spotter@itd.nrl.navy.mil