Re: DEBIAN 1.2 DISKETTE PROBLEMS UPDATE

On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, Kendrick Myatt wrote:

> At 10:25 AM 1/6/97 -0500, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> >Well, you are partially correct. There is no ftp client on the base disks.
> >However, dpkg-ftp IS provided on the base system and dselect's ftp method
> >should work.
> ################
>         It does not.  This is what I get when I try and run dselect with the
> FTP access method:
>
> > >Connecting to ftp.debian.org...
> > >Net::FTP: Bad hostname 'ftp.debian.org' at /usr/lib/perl5/Net/FTP.pm
> > >line 405
> > >FTP ERROR

This is a demonstration that dpkg-ftp is working properly. It is reporting
that the name specified (which is correct, by the way) either wasn't know
to the name server, or you have not designated one correctly (you may have
followed instructions and comma seperated a list of name servers)
/etc/resolv.conf is where this belongs. Mine looks like:

domain polaris.net
search polaris.net
nameserver 199.44.34.2

If you want more than one (have a list where I have only one) remove any
commas.

Luck,

Dwarf