Is there a Diald Guru in the House?

I'm trying to get Diald cofigured on my Linux 1.2.1 box and am running into
some problems I'm hoping you can help me with.....

Here's what I'm experiencing:

I've got debugging turned on and from "/var/log/messages" I'm finding the
following: (I'm happy with the first two lines; however, I think the
following two are a problem....>

local IP address a.b.c.y
remote IP address a.b.c.z
ppp not replacing existing default route to sl0[a.b.c.z]
Cannot determine ethernet address for proxy ARP

I've got ppp configured as per the "ppp-HOWTO".  Everything is working well
there, so I'm pretty sure all of my problems are related to "Diald"
configuration.

On the diald front, everything pretty much follows the default settings
(except for "local", "remote", and "connect" in /etc/diald/diald.options).
The "connect" string is set to run "/etc/ppp/scripts/ppp-up" which is the
same script I've successfully used to establish a ppp connection.

If you want to see my various scripts and conf/option files, please e-mail
me directly and I'll send them to you.

TIA for your help or any tips you can give me,

Kevin Traas
Systems Analyst
Edmondson Roper Chartered Accountants
http://users.uniserve.com/~erca