Re: Interviews...

On Sun, 5 Jan 1997, Jonas Bofjall wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Jan 1997, Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote:
>
> > Yes indeed!  Fresco is the replacement for interviews.  The
> > development is sponsored by the X consortium.  It breaks new
> > ground by providing distributed graphics using the CORBA model.
>
> That wounds interesting. Do you think you can tell us more?
> Why is the X consortium sponsoring Fresco? What is CORBA?

Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA) is defined by a the
Object Management Group.  It defines the object-oriented Interface
Definition Language (IDL), mappings to a variety of languages like C, C++
and Smalltalk, and an infrastructure to allow functions calls to be
distributed.  Its OO RPC.

The ILU package which is available for debian provides a similar
environment.  I'm not sure if there is a true CORBA product for Linux.

I don't know how the X consortium got involved with this.

--- Jean Pierre