Re: DEBIAN 1.2 DISKETTE PROBLEMS UPDATE

On Mon, 6 Jan 1997, Pat Kennedy wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Jan 1997, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> >
> > Once you have a reasonable system going, you can use mirror to maintain
> > your own personal archive and keep it up-to-date with current development.
> > This does, of course, require that you have sufficient disk space.
>
> Dale,
>         Great overview of the whole installation/maintainance procedures.
>         My question:  What directory do I mirror to pick up updated
>         packages?  My archive is current now from subtree:
>         debian/rex/binary-i386
>
>         Will updates be uploaded there?  The Debian-FAQ sez:
>
>         "Debian-1.1.x, a.k.a 'stable' and 'buzz-fixed':  A copy of
>         the current release with the updates applied.  The minor
>         number is changed whenever new update are added."
>
>         So, does rex == stable?

Well, directories like rex and bo don't ever change. Directories like
unstable and stable are links to the proper place. When rex became
"stable" the links were changed to reflect that new status and bo was
pointed to by unstable. When bo becomes stable, there will be a new name
chosen and unstable will point to it.
The short answer: for the "latest, greatest" point your mirror at
"unstable".

Luck,

Dwarf