Re: gcc (re:)

Hi,

  Please pardon my novice experience!  Does this mean that I
  should use the readline library for termcap and/or ncurses
  library calls from now?

joost witteveen wrote:
:
:Try
:  gcc -o prog1 prog1.c -lreadline
:This at least links.
:
:>
:>   prog2.c
:>     char tgoto(); int main() { tgoto(); return 0; }
:>   $ gcc prog1.c -ltermcap
:>   ld: cannot open -ltermcap: no such file or directory
:>
:
:again,
:  gcc -o prog2 prog2.c -lreadline
:works.
:
:>   both libs are in /lib:
:>     libncurses.so.3.0
:>     libtermcap.so.2 -> libtermcap.so.2.0.8
:>     libtermcap.so.2.0.8
:>
:
:I've recently learnt that, for -termcap to be found, one needs
:.so links:
:  libtermcap.so -> libtermcap.so.2.0.8
:and that one is missing.
:I'm not sure if this is a bug in the termcap package: the debian
:system tries to supply all packagres linked with readline, and
:as such the missing .so files may be intentional (I just don't know).
: