Re: ANNOUNCE: New Logo and Feedback Page for the Debian Logo (v4)

On Mon, 6 Jan 1997, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> > I just installed the new Debian Logo Page (v4) today. You can have a look
> > at it via
> >
> > 	http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian-logo/
>
> I filled out an old version of this page a while back,
> took quite a while, only to be told that cgi.debian.org was down.
>
> However, this time after several more minutes writing comments,
> etc, I get
>
> Error 403
>
> The Fatman Server understood your request, but is refusing to fulfill it.
> Authorization will not help and your request should
> not be repeated. This message is commonly used when the Fatman Server does
> not wish to reveal exactly why your request
> has been refused, or when no other response is applicable.
>

> OFF LIMITS
>
> >From your site you do not have
> the right of access to this protected area.
>
> The reason might be sweet revenge:
> Do you refuse finger connections? Are you sitting behind a firewall?
> Did you publicly sneer at the Fatman Server?
>
> [insert offensive picture here]
>
> Rather offensive I thought. I just checked and yes, although I am
> using ip masqueradering, the masq machine is allowing public
> finger requests.

I'm really sorry about this all.

The technical problem was: The cgi script referenced in the html page was
still referring to the wrong location (the one which I tested at home). I
fixed this and it is (hopefully :-) working now.

The other problem: I'm not the fatman administrator and don't have root
access. These (really offensive) messages were installed by the admin. I
don't like these either and have contacted him today and asked if they
could be replaced.

Please excuse this incident, I'll see what I can change.

Chris

--          _,,     Christian Schwarz
           / o \__   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@debian.org,
           !   ___;   schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de, bm955877@muenchen.org