Re: kernel compile fail

THanks to everyone who helped me with my compile problem.  The good news
is that i compiled a 2.0.27 kernel sucessfully, the bad news is that it
would not boot:(

I get the error

Unable to mount root fd on 08:01
VFS: Cannnot open root
kernel panic

And then it stalls.  The only difference between the two kernels is as
follows

versions numbers (my orginal kernel is 2.0.0)
The new kernel had quotas turned on, as well as the the dual processer
options turned on.

I also uncommented the SNP (or is SMP?) options in the make file and
changed make to MAKE = -j3

Any help aprreciated...

It takes a breeze to make a banner speak
The Singer