Re: X11R6 package in Debian 1.2 bugs (?)

On Sun, 5 Jan 1997, Xinbing Liu wrote:

> (2). tcsh doesn't work properly: I can't ftp into my computer from
> another computer if my shell is tcsh (as specified in /etc/passwd).  It
> gives me "user access denied".
> However, if I say csh in /etc/passwd, ftp works fine, even though the
> shell is still tcsh (I didn't install csh, so csh defaults to tcsh, I
> guess).  Very strange.

Put whatever shell into /etc/shells. It will then work.

Yours,
-- martin

// Martin Konold, Muenzgasse 7, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany  //
// Email: konold@tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de              //
       Linux - because reboots are for hardware upgrades
       -- Edwin Huffstutler <ehuff@sedona.intel.com> --

   Just go ahead and write your own multitasking multiuser os !
                 Worked for me all the times.
                     -- Linus Torvalds --