Re: Install questions

>>>>> "Terrence" == Terrence M Brannon <brannon@bufo.usc.edu> writes:

    Terrence> - how do I allow DOS to be booted
    Terrence> from a LILO prompt?

I had this same question and remember having to do more than the
normal amount of manual reading to figure it out.  Since the solution
is extremely simple, this should not have been the case.  Hopefully,
this will save you from having to go through what I did.

Edit /etc/lilo.conf and add the following clause to it:

# DOS bootable partition config begins
other = /dev/hda1
  label = msdog
  table = /dev/hda
# loader = /boot/any_d.b
# DOS bootable partition config ends

Change '/dev/hda1' to the right device for your system (i.e. the
partition on which you have msdog installed).  If it doesn't work like
that, try uncommenting the load = /boot/any_d.b line.

If you have any trouble, feel free to contact me directly.

--
Nathan L. Cutler
Linux Enthusiast